When should first orthodontics examination be made?
Apart from this;
- If your child is breathing from his mouth and has adenoid problem
- If he has used pacifier for a long time
- If he has the habit of thumb-sucking
- If he has problem of cleft lip
- If it is seen that he has missing teeth or if he had a hard attack on his chin
- If upper or lower chins are far to the front either on the mother’s or father’s side
- If there is a situation where teeth are situated as far to the front (because if these children fall down there is the danger of having fractures on these teeth.)
- If milk teeth were pulled out early for some reason.
- If there is overlapping on the teeth. Each child fitting to above particulars should be brought to an orthodontist for examination.
Doctor who wrote the article: Dr. Cihan Çapan